My 10 best papers on assessment in Higher Education
- Carless, D. (2016). Feedback as dialogue. Encyclopedia of Educational Philosophy and Theory, p. 1-6, http://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-981-287-532-7_389-1.
- Xu, Y. & Carless, D. (2016). ‘Only true friends could be cruelly honest’: cognitive scaffolding and social-affective support in teacher feedback literacy, Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, DOI: 10.1080/02602938.2016.1226759.
- Carless, D. (2013). Trust and its role in facilitating dialogic feedback. In D. Boud & L. Molloy, Effective Feedback in Higher and Professional Education. London: Routledge.
- Carless, D., Salter, D., Yang, M., & Lam, J. (2011). Developing sustainable feedback practices. Studies in Higher Education, 36(4), 395-407.
- Carless, D. (2006). Differing perceptions in the feedback process. Studies in Higher Education, 31(2), 219-233.
- Carless, D. & K.K.H. Chan (2016). Managing dialogic use of exemplars. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02602938.2016.1211246.
- Carless, D. & Zhou, J. (2015): Starting small in assessment change: short in-class written responses, Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education,
- Carless, D. (2015). Exploring learning-oriented assessment processes. Higher Education, 69(6), 963-976.
- Carless, D. (2009). Trust, distrust and their impact on assessment reform. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 34(1), 79-89.
- Carless, D. (2007). Learning-oriented assessment: conceptual basis and practical implications. Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 44(1), 57-66.